A quick & easy cookie made of ground nuts that give these Brazil Nut Snowballs a wonderfully nutty flavor. Round & covered with powdered sugar they, do indeed, look like little snowballs.
These cookies were a family tradition in my house growing up. My mom would always make 3 or 4 recipes of them to gift in her cookie tins to family, friends and neighbors. They were one of my favorite cookies even though I am not that fond of Brazil nuts. Maybe it’s the soft cookie with just a slight hint of nuts or maybe it’s all that powdered sugar. Whatever it is, I love them!
They are so easy to make too and with ingredients you probably already have on hand. Well, maybe except for the Brazil nuts. You cream the butter and sugar together, add the remaining ingredients & roll into balls. After baking they won’t be much darker than when you started but they’re done.
Wait for them to cool then shake in a bag of confectioner’s sugar. Don’t they look like mini snowballs to you? You can be dainty and take a few bites as you gobble them up or, go for it, and just pop the whole thing in your mouth. Go ahead, I won’t tell.
These cookies are so cute that you can gift them in a gift box or just put them in a cute little bowl and wrap with tissue or cellophane. Either way they’ll be much appreciated.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Brazil nuts, finely ground
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Mix flour and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Continue beating and add Brazil nuts until well combines.
- Shape into 2/3″ balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. The cookies will still be almost white with just a tinge of gold.
- Cool snowballs slightly then shake in a bag of confectioner’s sugar. Store in airtight container.
Christmas Cookie Marathon Series
Christmas Cookie Marathon
More Cookie Deliciousness
Cookies + Pudding = Scrumptious
Snowballs and Truffles
Simple and Delicious Cookies
Seasonal Flavors – Peppermint and Eggnog
Love Christmas cookies? Check out our Christmas Cookies Galore! group board with over 10,000 mouth-watering pins of fabulous recipes.