Love candy? Love cookies? If the answer is yes, you’ll love these soft & chewy peanut butter cup cookies surrounding a mini peanut butter cup for the best of both worlds. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!
Day 2 of the Cookie Marathon and I’m baking cookies that remind me of one of my favorite candies – the beloved Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Are you with me? I mean you can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter, right?!
The recipe for these very popular cookies was given to me by a close friend when she made them for one of my holiday cookie parties. Everyone raved about them at the party and I even managed to save some for the kids the next day and they couldn’t get enough of them.
The recipe starts out with one of the best soft and chewy peanut butter cookies you’ve ever tasted and then it’s taken up a notch by inserting that sweet chocolaty, peanutty mini peanut butter cup in the center. Are you drooling yet? I managed to wait about 5 seconds before I had to scarf one down. Oh, I’m in peanut butter and chocolate heaven!
The big plus is these are so easy to make and great fun to make with kids. They love rolling the dough into balls and then pushing the candy into the center of the hot cookie. There never seemed to be as many cookies as I thought there were when the kids were done. Ahem, something tells me some little fingers were busy while my back was turned.
These cookies make the perfect addition to any gift box, as they will ship well to any climate that isn’t too hot and look great on party cookie trays.
Enjoy & don’t eat them all in one sitting!
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter together until creamy. Continue beating and add in egg, extract and milk. Turn your mixer speed down and gradually add the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Roll into 40 balls using the palms of your hands. Place each ball into its own ungreased mini-muffin pan cup.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Immediately press a Reese's cup into the center of each ball. Let cool on wire rack then remove from pan.
Christmas Cookie Marathon Series
Christmas Cookie Marathon
More Cookie Deliciousness
Cookies + Pudding = Scrumptious
Snowballs and Truffles
Simple and Delicious Cookies
Seasonal Flavors – Peppermint and Eggnog