Sausage Apple Breakfast Casserole is an easy throw together casserole for breakfast, complete with sausage, eggs, cheese and some yummy french or sour dough bread. Perfect for holiday guests or make it ahead, freeze it and it's perfect for quick on-the-go breakfasts.
I can't believe it's Friday already! Where did the week go? It seems the more I try to get done the faster the time goes by. Anyone else have this problem? How do you balance work, family and some time for yourself? Well, one way I save time is to bake up some breakfast magic during the weekend so I can get a good breakfast on busy mornings. Because you know what your Mom told you has been proven true - breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It's a great feeling when you get up in the morning and you're able to reach in the freezer and grab some Banana Maple Oatmeal Cups, Muffin Tin Eggs or this delicious Sausage Apple Breakfast Casserole and know you've started out your day on the right nutritional foot.
And it's so easy to whip up! All you need is some breakfast sausage, a little french bread, 1 apple, eggs and some cheese and you're all set to make a tasty breakfast. I like to freeze mine in portions and just take them out as I need them, pop 'em in the microwave for a minute or two and then head out the door. They're perfect for packing in your husband's lunch for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon slump breaker and they're great for school days too, just a few minutes and the kids are increasing their concentration and brain power for the day.
Whenever you decide to have this yummy casserole, straight out of the oven or the freezer, you'll enjoy it. I'd love to know what your favorite go-to breakfast treat is to get you going in the morning. Leave us a comment to get the conversation started. Have something you would like to see us tackle and share - let us know that too.
Have a great weekend!
SAUSAGE APPLE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 8- oz breakfast sausage use turkey for a low-fat option
- 1 apple peeled, cored & chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 3-4 cups sourdough or French bread cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, breaking up as it cooks, with apple and onion until sausage is completely cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Add bread cubes to bottom of prepared dish. Spread with sausage-apple mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk and seasonings, except rosemary, together then pour over top of casserole. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.