Easy to make grab 'n go banana oatmeal muffins. It's oatmeal with all it's benefits in muffin form! Make on the weekend & have a healthy breakfast all week. Gluten-free too!
I was up to my armpits (oh, sorry that was not a good analogy) in oatmeal cups this weekend. I made these delicious Banana Oatmeal Muffins, some Peach Almond Oatmeal Muffins and Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins for a bunch of on-the-go breakfasts next week. Usually I don't make this many at once but I am also planning on bringing some on our vacation next week to help feed my "soon-to-be a mommy" daughter. She is gluten intolerant and, with this pregnancy, can't stand the sight of eggs, let alone eat them, so this will give her something nutritious & tasty for breakfast.
Of course these are so good, kind of like banana bread made with oats instead of wheat, that my grandson (OK, who am I kidding, everyone) will love to grab a few too. And the chocolate chips in the mix certainly add to the yummy-ness. 🙂
These muffins come out very moist, full of banana-y goodness, and besides the little sugar added, are very good for you.
Top 10 Healthy Benefits of Oats
- High in soluble fiber & protein
- More antioxidants than broccoli
- Boosts nutrition of gluten-free diets
- Strengthens immune system
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Protects against breast cancer
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Controls blood pressure
- Lowers risk of diabetes type 2
The nice thing about these muffins is they can be wrapped individually and frozen and will keep for a few months in the freezer. Then when you are ready to eat them, just pop them into the microwave for a minute or 1-½ minutes, and you've got a nutritious breakfast in no time. Cheers!
Muffins for Breakfast On-The-Go
Healthy Zucchini Bran Muffins - are super easy to make and pack a nutritious punch. Full of veggies, yogurt & bran cereal, they make a energy-packed snack or grab-n-go breakfast.
Banana Chocolate Chip Smoothie Muffins - are like eating a healthy smoothie minus the glass. They’re simple to make and have no sugar, no eggs and are gluten and dairy-free too!
Pineapple Carrot Muffins - are the perfect snack-time treat for the kids. Fresh carrots, a little sugar, a touch of cinnamon and sweetened with pineapple juice makes these muffins both moist and delicious.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2-3 medium bananas
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana and whisk with remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips. Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into prepared pan making sure each has about the same amount of liquid and oats.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. They should be slightly brown around edges.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool completely. Remove from pan carefully by inserting a fork or small spatula down the side and lifting slowly. Set on wire rack to finish cooling.