Nothing says summer like this cool and refreshing, pretty-in-pink strawberry mojito! A thirst-quenching blend of sweet strawberries, cool mint, tart lime, light rum, and club soda. It’s the perfect sweet and bubbly cocktail to beat the summer heat.
FYI - This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All links are products I use when making my recipes.
Table of Contents
- Fruity Mojitos
- Why This is the Best Strawberry Mojito Recipe
- Strawberry Mojito Ingredients
- How to Make Strawberry Mojito
- How to Make Strawberry Mojitos by the Pitcher
- Recipe Tips
- Recipe Variations
- Frozen Strawberry Mojito
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- More Fresh Fruit Cocktails
Berry Mojitos are made for the warm days of summer. This strawberry mojito recipe is no exception. It blends the tart sweetness of strawberries with the cool and tangy lime and mint flavors of the classic mojito for a refreshing drink that is perfect for outdoor entertaining or just relaxing poolside.
And summer fresh fruit and berries and mint straight out of the garden make the best mojitos on the planet. Cocktails like Blueberry Mojito, Kiwi Mojito, Mango Mojito, and this Strawberry Mojito just scream summer and are a surefire and tasty way to beat the heat.
Why This is the Best Strawberry Mojito Recipe
Quick & Easy - its blend of simple ingredients takes less than 5 minutes to whip up.
Refreshing & Light - the effervescence of this cocktail makes it perfect for hot summer days
Perfect combo of flavors- sweet, tart, and minty
Totally versatile - use your favorite berries or fruit in place of strawberries, add more or less mint, adjust the sugar, make it stronger or omit the rum altogether.
Strawberry Mojito Ingredients
What's in a strawberry mojito? Fresh fruit, alcohol, sweetener, and a fresh herb. Let's explore them in a little more detail...
- Fresh Strawberries - are the best but frozen berries can be used in a pinch
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Simple Syrup - makes muddling the mint leaves and strawberries with the sweetener easier than granulated sugar. Either homemade or bottled can be used.
- Lime Juice - fresh is best
- Light Rum - leave out for a refreshing mocktail
- Club Soda - balances the tart lime and rum for a lighter drink. Sparkling water can be substituted.
Best Liquor for Mojito
White rum, also known as light or silver rum, is the preferred liquor for making a mojito. There's no need to use premium rum because the fruit and herb flavors will overpower it. The best mojito rum is a mid-priced rum such as Barcardi or The Real McCoy.
You can also make a strawberry mojito with vodka if you don't care for rum.
Best Mint for Mojito
The best mint for making a mojito is Mojito Mint (Mentha x villosa) which is native to Cuba and has a bright and sweet flavor that's perfect for the cocktail. However, it's not commonly available in grocery stores.
Spearmint (Mentha spicata) is the next type of mint that's great for mojitos, especially this strawberry mint mojito, and what you'll find available in your grocer's produce section. It is also the variety commonly found in home gardens.
You can use peppermint (Mentha x piperita) but the flavor is much stronger and spicier.
Best Sugar for Mojito
The best sugar to use for a mojito is superfine sugar. It has a finer texture and easily dissolves in cocktails. Simple syrup is another great choice.
For this recipe, you will make a strawberry mojito with simple syrup.
You can also use strawberry syrup instead of plain simple syrup. See this strawberry simple syrup recipe.
Best Soda Water for Mojito
Plain club soda is the best soda water to use for a mojito.
You can also use sparkling water or seltzer but it won't have the mineral flavors that are in club soda.
How to Make Strawberry Mojito
- Place strawberries, mint leaves, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker or sturdy glass.
- Muddle with a cocktail muddler or a heavy-duty spoon.
- Add rum to the muddled strawberry mint mixture.
- Stir well.
- Strain the strawberry mojito mixture into a short glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda.
Garnish the finished drink with several slices of strawberries in the glass and one strawberry and mint leaves on the rim. Additionally, lime slices can be added to the cocktail or rim. Relax and sip away. Cheers!
How to Make Strawberry Mojitos by the Pitcher
You'll need to multiply the quantities of the ingredients by the number of servings. Or on the recipe card below, hover over the servings and use the slider that pops up to increase the number. It will calculate the quantities for you.
- Muddle the strawberries, lime, mint, and simple syrup in a large bowl.
- Pour it into a pitcher.
- Just before serving, add the rum and club soda. Stir to combine. Do not add ice to the pitcher.
- Pour the drink into glasses filled with ice. Pour it through a strainer if you don't want the fruit pieces in the drink.
- Garnish with mint, strawberries, and lime.
- Put the club soda in the fridge in advance so it's nice and cold before making mojitos.
- If you don't have a cocktail muddler you can use a large wooden spoon.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker you can use a mason jar.
- You can use 2 to 3 tablespoons of strawberry puree instead of fresh strawberries.
- Don't over-muddle the mint or it will become bitter.
- Strawberry Basil Mojito - Use fresh basil instead of mint.
- Strawberry Coconut Mojito - Use coconut rum instead of white rum.
- Strawberry Lemonade Mojito - Use lemon instead of lime.
- Strawberry Mango Mojito - Add 1 to 2 ounces of mango nectar or a few small chunks of fresh mango.
- Strawberry Mojito with Sprite - Top off the cocktail with Sprite instead of club soda.
- Strawberry Pineapple Mojito - Add 1 to 2 ounces of pineapple juice or a few small pineapple chunks.
Frozen Strawberry Mojito
It's easy to make a frozen strawberry mojito. Note that you won't be using club soda.
- Muddle the mint, simple syrup, and lime juice in a tall glass.
- Place the strawberries and rum in a blender and blend.
- Pour the blended strawberry mixture into the glass.
- Stir to mix the muddled mint into the drink.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
It's easy to make a virgin strawberry mojito for kids or anyone abstaining and wanting a non-alcoholic strawberry mojito. Simply make the strawberry mojito without alcohol.
More Fresh Fruit Cocktails
Find more summer cocktails on 2CM!
LOVE QUICK & EASY RECIPES? FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, & PINTEREST FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPE INSPIRATION! PLUS JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK.
- 3 strawberries + extra for garnish
- 4 mint sprigs + extra for garnish
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces light rum
- 3-4 ounces club soda or sparkling water
- Garnish: strawberry, mint sprig, lime slice
- Place strawberries, mint sprigs, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Muddle well.
- Stir in lime juice and rum.
- Strain or not, whichever you prefer, into a short glass filled with ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a strawberry and a mint sprig. Add a slice of lime if desired.
Leave a Reply