This post, featuring out Whipped Blood Orange Tini, is a sponsored post on behalf of The French Farm who has kindly donated to our prize pack today. Like an ice cold creamsicle in a glass, this cocktail is a creamy, summery combo of vodka, triple sec, blood orange marmalade & whipped cream that only takes seconds to whip up. As always the recipe & opinions are 100% my own.
I am so excited to be part of #CookoutWeek 2017 and all the deliciously fantastic recipes all my food blogger friends have been sharing with us. I love a good BBQ and nothing goes better with grilling than friends, family, sunny weather and a sweet summery cocktail like our Whipped Blood Orange Martini.
I bet you’re wondering just where in the world I came up with such a cocktail. Well, it wasn’t hard. First, I was lucky enough to receive a jar of Frantoi Cutrera Tarocco Blood Orange Marmalade from The French Farm. If you haven’t heard of The French Farm by now you’ve just got to take a few minutes and look through their catalog here. You’ll find the most unique, high quality products from Europe that will make you drool just looking at them. I’ve tried quite a few products and I’ve never been disappointed.
Secondly, I love creamsicles, you know that ice cream bar with vanilla ice cream on the inside and orange sherbet on the outside. So, I thought, why not turn those favorite flavors into a cool cocktail. Yum, I don’t think there is anything better than an ice cold drink to serve with your BBQ. In fact, this one is so good, you might even want it for dessert too!
One of the things I love to do is create unusual drinks, like my Key Lime Colada, Watermelon Margarita and, the most popular recipe on our blog, a Pineapple Coconut Mojito. It may be because every day in sunny Florida feels like cocktail time or maybe just because they taste so darn good. This one is no exception. It’s both delicious and, since I’m all about easy, simple to make. It can be made for just two or, and you’ll def want to do this, by the pitcherful. And, even though blood oranges aren’t available all year round, you can still make this drink with a jar of this rich, vibrant blood orange marmalade whenever you want. (Btw, it’s great on toast too!)
All it takes is vodka, triple sec or Grand Marnier, a little OJ, a couple tablespoons of marmalade and some whipped cream. Make it easy on yourself and just use a can of whipped cream. It’s all good!
Put everything in a shaker with crushed ice and shake. Pour into a couple chilled martini glasses and garnish with an orange wedge. Voila! A cool, deliciously frothy Whipped Blood Orange Tini cocktail!
Go on, make it now! ‘Cause we all know it’s 5 o-clock somewhere. 🙂 And it will go great with one of the delicious recipes below. Don’t forget to enter the contest and leave a comment, for a chance to win over $400 in prizes.
- 2- oz vodka
- 1- oz triple sec, Grand Marnier or Liquor43
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Frantoi Cutrera Blood Orange Marmalade from The French Farm
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- In a cocktail shaker, place some crushed ice and above ingredients.
- Give it a good shake then pour into chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
As one of the bonus entries in the giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post and let us know what your favorite dish is to have at a cookout?
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has a retail value of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media.
Stay tuned… remember, throughout the week, all of the participating bloggers will be posting delicious cookout recipes.