Cool & refreshing, our watermelon pineapple splash has all the flavors of summer with a sparkling twist. It’s the perfect summertime cocktail or beverage.
Memorial Day is around the corner and, with the warm days ahead of us, this refreshing cool drink is the perfect remedy. You can make this drink in 2 versions, one for the adults with alcohol and one for the kids without. We first tried this while having lunch at the Green Turtle Inn in Islamorada ,Florida Keys and every time we make it for guests it’s a big hit!
- 6 oz can frozen pineapple juice concentrate thawed
- 4 cups seeded watermelon – cubed
- 12 oz seltzer, club soda or champagne
- 4 oz vodka or rum (optional)
- Garnish: lime or lemon slices
- In a blender, combine pineapple juice concentrate and watermelon. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into four goblets.
- Divide the sparkling water/champagne & vodka/rum among the four goblets and stir to combine.
- Garnish each glass with a sugared rim and a twist of lime or lemon.