These Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cookies bring the taste of your favorite ice cream to a cookie. Easy to make, sweet and nutty with the delicious flavor of creamy ice cream in every bite. The perfect nut cookie to add to your holiday cookie list.
Have you ever wanted to have your cookies and ice cream too? Well, now you can! These delicious Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cookies have your favorite ice cream flavor in every bite. No kidding! And they’re incredibly easy to make too!
I wanted a different cookie to add to my Christmas cookie list this year, to serve with my favorite Lemon Squares and Chocolate Chip Macaroons, and I was thinking something with nuts. I came across a recipe for Ice Cream Cookies from Crazy for Crust and thought I’d adapt it and use my dad’s favorite ice cream , butter pecan. They came out so good I’m going to be trying it with other ice cream flavors too.
I’m whipping up these cookies as part of a group of food bloggers that got together for a virtual cookie exchange, The Sweetest Cookie Season. We are not only bringing you delicious cookies for the season but raising awareness for the “Cookies for Kids Cancer“, a non-profit organization that raises money to find new, innovative and less-toxic treatments for childhood cancer. Please check them out and share a little of the Christmas spirit to help children with cancer.
Making these cookies is easy.
- Cream butter and sugars til fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add your favorite ice cream.
- Add dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix til just blended and add nuts.
- Ready to chill.
- Remove from refrigerator and scoop onto prepared cookie sheets. Then bake.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 5-7 minutes then place on wire racks to cool completely.
These cookies are moist and nutty with the creamy flavor of ice cream in every bite.
Oh, and you can dip half in chocolate and cover with sprinkles for a nice Christmassy feel (and more chocolate!)
These Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cookies bring the taste of your favorite ice cream to a cookie. Easy to make with a rich, creamy nutty flavor in every bite.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter pecan ice cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Turn mixing speed down and add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add ice cream and mix until all combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to dough and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Stir in pecans.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for about 1 hour.
- When ready to make, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with medium cookie scoop on to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they start to brown along the edges.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 5-7 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cool, the cookies can be dipped half in chocolate and sprinkled with colored sprinkles. See note.
To melt chocolate, take a dark chocolate bar and break apart. Place in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup and melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until completely melted. Dip half of cookie in chocolate then set on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle immediately with sprinkles. Chill until set then place in your cookie tin.