Monkeys and kids love to pull apart these gooey caramel monkey rolls flavored with pumpkin. They’re quick and easy and a hit at breakfast every time!
This has been a busy week for us. We are working on finishing up our second cookbook, Healthy & Free, which is dedicated to those that are gluten-free, cow dairy free and GMO free, and packing up Christina’s house for her big move to Atlanta. I will miss her family so much but I guess we’ll just have to get used to using hours of Facetime to work on our recipes and future cookbooks. (I can see many trips to Atlanta in my future)
I love breakfast! It’s my favorite meal of the day and I love making delicious ones that my family will love. When I’m running short on time I like to fix ones I can freeze and take out at a moments notice like my Banana Pancake Muffins, Breakfast Kolaches and Quick & Easy Breakfast Bowls. When I saw this recipe it immediately became one of my favorite treats. This recipe is so simple and tastes so good that I just had to share it.
Now you ask, why are they called monkey rolls? Well, it is said they were given the name because monkeys love pulling at anything including their food. This is the same reason the kids love them – they have such fun pulling them apart and savoring each sweet little section. I know because it never fails to put a smile on their faces.
This recipe was slightly adapted from one I found on Dinners, Dishes and Desserts. It really makes a fantastic and special treat on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning. Everyone in the family will love it! Enjoy!
EASY MONKEY ROLLS with PUMPKIN & CARAMEL
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/16 teaspoon all spice
- 3/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large resealable bag, mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Open the can of biscuits and separate into 8 biscuits. Using a scissors, cut each biscuit into quarters. Drop into resealable bag of spiced sugar and shake to coat.
- Place 4 pieces into each of the muffins cups.
- In a small sauce pan, mix brown sugar, butter and pumpkin puree together and bring to boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour half of the caramel sauce over the rolls. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool just slightly. Remove rolls from muffin tin and place on plate. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and serve.