Easy to make Zucchini Bran Muffins are a deliciously healthy breakfast. Full of nutritious veggies, yogurt for calcium & bran cereal for fiber, they’re an energy packed snack or a great grab-n-go breakfast.
I love the fall season but things really get jumping at my house and I don’t always have time to cook up a nice breakfast for my hubby and I. That’s why I like things like these easy to make healthy muffins. I can bake them up when I have some free time and freeze them.
Then I just pop them into the microwave when I want to catch a quick, easy and nutritious breakfast. It’s great to stuff in lunch boxes too to help everyone in the family get some of those all-important veggies.
These muffins are amazingly good for you. They’re low in sugar, are stuffed with zucchini, which is rich in B-complex vitamins as well as Vitamins A, C & K, folate, zinc and magnesium, as well as having it’s share of protein. The bran cereal lends itself as a good source of dietary fiber.
Now you don’t have to tell your kids about the veggies part but you’ll know you’re giving them something good to start their day.
Look how easy these zucchini muffins are to make!
Step 1 – Grate the zucchini. Step 2 – Combine bran cereal with sugar, eggs, oil and zucchini. (You can use unsweetened applesauce in place of butter but they won’t come out quite as moist.) Step 3 – Stir in dry ingredients. Step 4 – Fill muffins cups and bake.
Don’t those just look scrumptious?! I could eat these every day of the week. My husband likes them with butter but I like them just as they are. My girlfriend even puts peanut butter on hers!
But take a bite and decide for yourself. Whatever way you have them, just enjoy! By the way, there are gluten-free options noted as well. (This one’s for you, Christina!)
Try my savory Cheddar muffins with green onions for a delicious muffin to enjoy with soup, stew, and chili.
Bacon Cheddar Scones with spinach and green onion are a wonderful savory breakfast.
Find even more healthy muffins for kids here on 2CM!
ZUCCHINI BRAN MUFFINS
- 2 cups bran cereal I used a generic crunchy raisin bran cereal but you can use a GF oat bran cereal as well
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour for GF sub Namaste flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by spraying with a nonstick spray or by inserting paper muffin liners in tin.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, zucchini (which has been squeezed between paper towels to reduce water content), milk, egg, butter and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Sift flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon together and add to cereal/zucchini mixture. Stir well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill each muffin cavity with batter, a little over 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove to wire rack and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely before storing.
This post has been updated and was first published on September 12, 2018.
This post has been updated with new photos and an updated recipe. Original post was published first on April 25, 2014.
More delicious muffins to satisfy that craving!