These Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are both easy and fun. Moms and kids love baking up fresh cookies, without the mess of making batter, and sandwiching them with everyone’s favorite flavor of cool ice cream. Decorate for the season with all the sprinkles, chocolate chips or candy and let the deliciousness begin.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cool Foods available at Publix. All content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Do you love ice cream and cookies? If you’re like me, they are a staple in your house and you could eat them any time of day or, for that matter, any time of year!
I usually make a trip to my local Publix about 3-4 times a week, OK, maybe 5-6 but who’s counting, and I always check out the freezer and dairy aisles to see what sparks my imagination for a new recipe. It could be savory, or it could be sweet, but there’s always something there that I just have to pick up.
A fun, cool dessert for spring.
In honor of spring, which is definitely in the air here in Florida, I made these easy ice cream sandwich cookies and let the kids get them all dolled up in spring colors for the occasion.
Easy steps to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Gather your ingredients. Just a package of Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies and a tub of Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Scoop the cookie dough right out of the package and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool.
- Let ice cream soften for about 5 minutes then scoop out and place on a chocolate chip cookie. Place another cookie on top and press together gently.
- Decorate ice cream sandwich with sprinkles and enjoy!
I’ve got to warn you, these delicious chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches don’t hang around for long. If you’re smart, you might hide one or two for yourself before they’re all gone.
Love ice cream? Check out these other delicious options.
Ice Cream Truffles – Just a mini scoop of ice cream, a dunk in dark chocolate, and loads and loads of your favorite toppings.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches – Easy to make chocolate wafers stuffed with your favorite ice cream.
Cake Batter Pops – A mix of ice cream and vanilla cake mix with tons of sprinkles. It’s everyone’s favorite cake batter flavor in a frozen treat.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 pkg Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 container Häagen-Dazs ice cream (you'll use about 1-1/2 cups)
- Garnishes: sprinkles, chocolate chips, candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Leave about 2" in-between.
- Bake 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- When ready to assemble ice cream sandwiches, take ice cream out of freezer and let soften for about 5 minutes.
- Using a medium scoop (about 2 Tablespoons), scoop onto the bottom of one cookie. Place another cookie on top and gently press together.
- Immediately decorate ice cream edges with sprinkles, chocolate chips, candy or even nuts or coconut.
- Wrap individually and freeze until ready to eat.