These Flourless Caramel Chocolate Cookies are light, fudgy, chocolaty and stuffed full of chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. Easy to make with only 6 ingredients and bakes up in less than 30 minutes. And no one will ever guess they're naturally gluten-free! If you're a chocolate lover you've got to have these in your mouth ASAP!
Get ready chocolate lovers! This week I'm celebrating Choctoberfest with my food blogger friends and we're bringing you chocolate recipes that will make you drool.
Just look at these divine and totally indulgent Flourless Caramel Chocolate Cookies. I've been wanting to make these ever since I made my Flourless Chocolate Torte and this event was my excuse for putting up some fudgy over-the-top goodness.
Not only are these chocolate cookies super delicious and totally addictive but so easy to make. Just 6 basic ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now, no mixer, and 30 minutes is all you need.
Go ahead, don't let me stop you from jumping up and baking them right now!
Believe me, these flourless chocolate cookies are hard to resist! They bake up chewy and fudgy with slightly crisp edges yet with a lightness that resembles meringue.
It's amazing how, if you close your eyes and take a bite, you'd think you were biting into a fudgy brownie. Yep, that's how rich they are.
But the nice thing is, if you have any gluten-free friends, you can share with them. Oh, that is, if there are any left by the time they get there. lol
- Add marshmallows and walnuts in lieu of the caramel covered chocolate for a take on a Rocky Road cookie.
- Replace the caramel with chocolate chips for double the chocolate flavor.
- Think these have enough chocolate flavor then opt for chopped nuts. However, keep in mind, the nuts will dry the cookie out slightly.
How to Make Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Gather the ingredients. The powdered sugar will act like the flour in this recipe while the egg whites will be the binding agent that holds them together. (photo 1)
- Sift the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt together. Do not skip this step as this will create the texture of the cookie. (photo 2)
- Whisk the egg whites until they are frothy. You'll see bubble appear and the mixture will appear lighter. (photo 3)
- Mix the frothed egg whites and vanilla extract together. >(photo 4)
- Add the vanilla-egg white mixture to dry ingredients. (photo 5)
- Stir well. The batter will be very thick and hard to mix. (photo 6)
- Add the caramel covered chocolates and stir until well coated. (photo 7)
- You should have a dense, glossy chocolate mixture. It's tempting to eat it right out of the bowl. (umm, I might have licked a finger or two) (photo 8)
- To finish: Make cookies by scooping 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture for each cookies and place 3-inches apart on silicone mat-covered cookies sheets. Bake. Remove from oven, cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. See how nice and shiny the tops are and how chewy and rich the center looks. Yum!
These cookies are delicious any time with a glass of milk or, for me, a cup of coffee. They keep about 5 days on the counter top, getting softer and chewier as they age, that is, if they last that long!
And, if you're looking at what to add to your Christmas cookie tins this year, these flourless caramel cookies would be the perfect addition.
Now, if you jumped up to bake these, sit back relax and take a look at all the other chocolate goodies below.
More chocolate recipes
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is a guilt free creamy, rich, chocolaty dessert. It's easy to make, delicious and healthy too!
Chocolate Granola is like dessert for breakfast! Decadently chocolaty, flavored with toffee bits and still full of healthy ingredients like oats, almonds, coconut and honey.
Chocolate Candy Bar Cookies are soft, chewy chocolaty cookies filled with peanuts, caramel and chocolate chips. Think Baby Ruth candy bar in cookie form.
Chocolate Caramel Cookies are rolled in pecans, stuffed with Rolo caramels, sprinkled with sea salt, and drizzled with caramel.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Filled Sea Salt Caramel Baking Truffles caramel filled chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with silicone mat or lightly spray parchment paper with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until they are frothy.
- Mix frothy egg whites and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. (It will be hard to mix and very thick)
- Stir in the baking truffles until well coated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping amount of dough, about 2 tablespoons, onto prepared cookie sheet. Space about 3” apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. The tops will be shiny.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
This post has been updated and was first published on October 13, 2020.