Delicious shortbread style cookies with plenty of nutty goodness. Love those Keebler cookies? Make your own Pecan Sandies with this easy and tasty recipe.
I can’t believe the time is going so quickly and that our 12 days of cookies is more than half over. It has been such fun thinking up new cookies to make and every time I put the picture of the new ones up on Facebook the kids always comment that they hope I am bringing some with me when I come for Christmas. Any ideas on how to carry a bunch of cookies on a plane?
Today’s cookie is one of my favorites. Have you ever had Keebler’s Pecan Sandies? I love those cookies! So I thought it would be fun to try making my own at home. Well, it wasn’t as easy as it looked but after 3 tries I finally hit on one that not only I love but everyone that tries them loves. They are really easy to make but you do have to take the time to chill the dough for a half hour or so to help it hold together.
This cookie is a shortbread-type cookie with lots of nuts and nutty flavor. If you like nuts, especially pecans, you will really like these. It is also less sweet than most offerings so it is a nice addition to a Christmas cookie tray.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup pecans ground
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy. Continue beating while adding extracts.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and pecans. Add to creamed mixture and beat until well blended.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1” balls. Place on cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1/2” thickness with bottom of a glass dipped in flour to prevent cookie from sticking to it. The cookies do not have to be placed very far apart as they will not spread.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. When done, let cool for 3-5 minutes then remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack.
Want more goodies for the holidays? Don’t miss one of our top recipes coming each day to you from 2 Cookin’ Mamas.
On the 12th day of Christmas this Cookin” Mama sent to you… 12 Nutella Palmiers, 11 Forget Them Cookies, 10 Sure Bet Macaroons, 9 Almond Bar Cookies, 8 Pecan Sandies, 7 NuttZo Nut Butter Cookies, 6 Turtle Cheesecake Cookies, 5 Key Lime Truffles, 4 Vanilla Almond K Cookies, 3 Cookies and Cream Cookies, 2 Creme Brulee Cookies and a Chocolate Peppermint Drop …fa, la, la, la, la
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!