A delicious & spicy take on the traditional burger. Combine chorizo & beef, grill it up, top with cheese & an egg for these awesome Chorizo and Beef Burgers.
It’s that time again my friends – it’s Secret Recipe Club reveal day! I love this day when, once a month, we get to visit someone’s blog (the names are shared in secret) and make something we like from their collection. It is a great way to try new dishes and find some fantastic new fellow foodie’s blogs to follow.
I received Corina’s blog, Searching For Spice, for my SRC reveal. This is one busy mum, not only taking care of an almost two and four year old but cooking and blogging about what she can prepare in between taking care of her little darlings, who she calls Little Miss Spice and Master Spice. So cute!
I believe that she is located in the UK since she was awarded one of the spots, #141 to be exact, in the Foodies100 UK index of food blogs. Go Corina! And she certainly deserves it with her delicious takes on her favorite spicy foods centering around the Thai, Chinese, Mexican and Indian cuisines. I couldn’t have been happier getting to choose a recipe from her blog.
Choosing was difficult, I thought about making her Chicken, Broccoli & Bulgar Wheat Salad from Jamie Oliver’s cookbook which would be a perfect dinner for the overly warm winter we are having but then I saw her Crispy Polenta Crusted Chicken. Yep, I have a new love for polenta, especially with cheese, and it is one of my husband’s favorites, so it seemed like the perfect choice. Alas, I see-sawed again when I saw her Beef & Chorizo Burgers and knew they would work perfectly for Sunday’s Super Bowl party. They were different enough that they would definitely get noticed and, served as sliders, they would satisfy a crowd. Add a side of french fries and they would be perfect. If you like a little spice with your burger this is the one for you! Oh my mouth is watering still!
I changed the recipe up just slightly using regular eggs instead of quail eggs and grilling instead of frying. I also served a variety of condiments on the side – mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup and barbecue sauce. Oh, it was soooo good!
Love sliders? Check out our Easy Meatball Sliders. Want even more deliciousness? Check out all the recipes from our Secret Recipe Club reveals below.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
Chorizo and Beef Burgers
- 6 oz. ground chorizo
- 8 oz. lean ground beef
- Cheddar cheese
- Eggs, one for each burger you make
- Slider or hamburger buns
- Salad greens
- Tomato slices
- Grind chorizo up into small bits.
- Pour into a medium bowl and combine with lean ground beef.
- Using your hands, mix thoroughly then form into patties. I made 5 patties from the 14-oz. of meat since I was making sliders.
- Chill for several hours.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to a low to medium heat, since the fat from the chorizo will cause flare ups.
- Grill for approximately 6 minutes, 3 minutes per side, (for larger burgers grill about 4 minutes per side) or until ground beef is cooked to a medium doneness.
- Add cheese on top in the last minute to melt. Toast buns at the same time until lightly browned.
- While burgers are cooking, fry eggs sunny side up. I like to use silicone rings so that they form a circle & fit perfectly on the bun.
- To assemble: Place split bun on plate. Add burger, egg, some greens &, if you prefer, a tomato slice.
- Serve condiments on the side.