This chocolate zucchini bread is easy to make, rich and full of delicious chocolate. And your family will never know that it’s packed with veggies!
I can’t believe how many delicious chocolate recipes have been presented this week during #Choctoberfest! I want to make them all but then I’d have to diet for a year – lol. But that’s OK because I’ve been having a ball baking up my own delectable chocolate treats right here! And the best part is that I am getting to see so many friends so I can share all the deliciousness with them.
I love baking chocolate goodies, my blog is full of them, from Chocolate Cherry Tart to Chocolate Lava Mug Cakes, Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars to a more healthy Chocolate Almond Smoothie. And today’s treat is no exception, a rich chocolaty, somewhat healthy (after all it’s got zucchini in it), bread made with our gold sponsor’s Imperial Sugar, a non-GMO granulated cane sugar, and some of the best chocolate I have ever had straight from Divine Chocolate.
What makes this chocolate even more divine than it’s name? Divine Chocolate is a certified Fair Trade company, owned and established by its cocoa farmers in Ghana. For each chocolate bar or cocoa powder you purchase, you will be making a difference in the lives of these cocoa farmers. The profits are shared between the farmers with some funds being directed to aid community development projects in their village such as schools, women’s clinics, camps for kids and other projects.
When I received my delicious chocolates from Divine I noticed their packaging had what looked like symbols all over them. After reading about Divine, I found that these symbols were called Adinkras, traditional West African symbols, and represented the values that Divine holds dear -democracy, cooperation, learning from the past and adaptability. Now that is a company I would like to see succeed! Want to help? Their chocolate can be purchased online here or at Whole Foods.
Hope you enjoy! (Pssst! No one will ever know there’s zucchini in the bread so it’s a great way to get the kids to eat some veggies! I won’t tell if you won’t!)
This chocolate zucchini bread is easy to make, rich and full of delicious chocolate. And your family will never know that it's packed with veggies!
- 1 cup Imperial sugar
- 1/2 cup safflower, almond or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Divine Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup Divine Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped into pcs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil.
- Gradually add in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add to sugar mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate pieces.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in oven for 65-75 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Cool 10-15 minutes in pan then remove from pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely.
I like to store mine in a gallon size ziploc bag. It keeps the bread fresh for days or you can write on the bag and then freeze it for a special occasion.
Check out all the deliciousness from our fellow Choctoberfest bloggers below!