White Chocolate Cranberry Nut Cookies are ultra-chunky buttery cookie stuffed with crunchy macadamia nuts, creamy white chocolate chunks & chewy cranberries. One bite of this cookie will have you craving more!
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
This is the best month to be part of the Creative Cookie Exchange. Why? Because it’s Christmas cookie season and what better way to get loads of delicious cookie recipes than from all my fellow foodies in the group.
This month’s theme was nuts, no, I don’t mean crazy (although I do get that way when on a baking spree), I mean eatable nuts like pistachios, almonds and macadamia nuts. I love my Pistachio Cherry Meltaways and Brazil Nut Snowballs but there’s something about macadamia nuts that just calls to me. Which brings me to my cookies for the exchange. I’ve made White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies before but I wanted to try something with seasonal cranberries in it so adapting the recipe everyone loves seemed like a good place to start.
The changes I made to these white chocolate cranberry cookies were minor. I replaced some of the vanilla extract with almond extract, reduced the amount of nuts and added in some CranRaisins. And I just couldn’t stop myself from topping them with a drizzle of white chocolate, colored (almost) red for the holidays.
Surprise, surprise, these White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies turned out to be everyone’s favorite cookies instead of the original recipe! The addition of the cranberries brought a little chewiness to the mix along with the crunchy nuts and the soft creaminess of the white chocolate. Super delish and perfect for any time of year!
More Nutty Holiday Deliciousness
Plus cookies from my favorite cookie exchange friends below.
Love quick & easy recipes? Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for all the latest recipe inspiration! Plus join my email list here and receive a free e-book.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. white chocolate baking bar, cut into chunks (I use Ghiradelli White Chocolate)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries (I used reduced sugar CranRaisins and it was perfect)
- 3-4 ounces white chocolate bar for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter & shortening until creamy. Gradually add sugars and beat until well incorporated. Continue beating while adding the egg, vanilla and almond extracts. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda & salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and continue beating until well mixed. Stir in white chocolate chunks, macadamia nuts and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2” apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets then move to wire racks until cooled completely.
- Melt 3-4 oz white chocolate in microwave safe dish, in 30-second increments, stirring in-between, until melted. Pour into a small Ziploc bag. Snip corner and drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow chocolate to set prior to storing.
Nuts in cookies are a tradition celebrated all over the world–and Creative Cookie Exchange has joined the party!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Honey Mixed Nut Bars from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Butterless Walnut Chocolate Chunkers from What Smells So Good?
- Almond Linzer Cookies from Spiceroots
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti from Oven Delights
- Salted Chocolate Pecan Caramel Bars from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pistachio Cranberry Rugelach from A Baker’s House
- White Chocolate Cranberry Nut Cookies from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Biarritz Sandwich Cookies from The Spiced Life