Deliciously healthy Rosemary Potatoes are tossed with rosemary, garlic & olive oil then roasted to crisp perfection. They’re the perfect dinner side any time of year.
February is National Potato Lovers Month so what better post to put out than one enumerating the benefits of the wonderful potato.
Potatoes have long been thought to be so caloric that you shouldn’t include them in your diet. Well, now scientific study has revealed that they are an important part of a healthy, balanced diet and should be eaten on a regular basis. Potatoes can aid in decreasing high blood pressure and cholesterol levels as well speeding up the healing process of bruises. Their high concentration of B6 helps generate cellular renewal and boosts adrenalin which, in turn, helps to relieve stress. The high copper and iron content helps boost brain activity and improve memory.
What more could you want from the delicious potato? How about it also helps with digestion, alleviates hunger for longer thus helping with food intake, diminishes inflammation, reduces the chance of kidney stones and helps decrease the risk of certain cancers.
Now if that doesn’t make you want to eat more potatoes I don’t know what will! Hence my recipe for Rosemary Potatoes, using the rosemary from my garden, which I think is taking over, and a little olive oil. I like to use California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is non-GMO verified, well balanced and of high quality. This combination creates a delicious and healthy side dish for any time of year. Pair with London Broil, chicken, fish or pork chop dinners.
Rosemary potatoes are seasoned with plenty of fresh rosemary & garlic before roasting to crisp perfection. They're a healthy & delicious side any time of year.
- 4-5 Tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut in fourths (you can use Yukon gold,red or purple potatoes or a bag of multi-colored potatoes)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil onto a cookie sheet with sides and coat evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with remaining ingredients and toss. Make sure all potatoes are coated well. Spread in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are done.