Crispy on the outside and delightfully soft on the inside, air fryer rosemary potatoes have the perfect balance of earthy and sweet flavors.
This simple recipe tastes and looks elegant for all of your family dinners. When you use the air fryer, the entire process is effortless!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
Normally potatoes are mild, crowd-pleasing root vegetables. When you chop up tender red potatoes and toss them in rosemary and olive oil, you will make a robust side dish that everyone eats up. It's really easy to get that fantastically crispy texture people love without making a greasy mess on the stove. The air fryer makes these garlic rosemary potatoes not only effortless but a crowd-pleasing and delicious favorite.
Air fryer fried potatoes are one of the best ways to use your air fryer. I love using mine to make crispy fried recipes without the mess. Anything from dinners of Air fryer fish sticks, and coconut shrimp, to sides like onion rings and garlic bread.
Healthy Air Fryer Potatoes
Potatoes have many health benefits and are an important part of a healthy, balanced diet. Here are some of them:
- They can aid in decreasing high blood pressure and cholesterol levels as well as speeding up the healing process of bruises.
- Their high concentration of B6 helps generate cellular renewal and boosts adrenalin which, in turn, helps to relieve stress.
- The high copper and iron content helps boost brain activity and improve memory.
- Aids with digestion and alleviates hunger for longer thus helping with food intake.
- Diminishes inflammation, reduces the chance of kidney stones, and helps decrease the risk of certain cancers.
Why You'll Love These Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
If you're looking for a side dish that goes with anything you make for dinner, then air fryer crispy potatoes are the answer for you.
Quick and easy side, no muss no fuss dish for busy weeknights.
Just 4 simple ingredients are needed (plus salt and pepper).
Potatoes always crisp up perfectly in the air fryer.
Flavorful fresh rosemary gives them the perfect balance of aromatics and sweet notes to enhance the potatoes without overpowering them. Even picky eaters will love these potatoes.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Red Potatoes aka red skin potatoes, baby potatoes, new potatoes, creamer potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
Best Potatoes to Use for Air Fryer Potatoes
You can also make this air fryer fried potatoes recipe with russet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, and purple potatoes.
How to Make Air Fryer Rosemary Potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into 4ths or 8ths depending on the size of the potatoes. Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper then add chopped rosemary.
- Add minced garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat all potatoes.
- Place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Garnish the crispy air-fried garlic rosemary potatoes with chopped parsley and serve hot.
What Goes With Rosemary Potatoes
These fresh rosemary potatoes pair deliciously with London Broil, chicken, fish, or pork chop dinners.
How To Store and Reheat
To Store: Allow the potatoes to cool completely. Place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To Freeze: Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with space between them. Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the potatoes are frozen, transfer them to a plastic freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container. Thaw the potatoes in the fridge overnight.
To Reheat: Air-fry the potatoes at 400°F for about 8 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You do not have to boil potatoes before cooking them in an air fryer. They will crisp up perfectly when you add them to the air fryer when they are raw.
It depends on the potatoes. Baking potatoes like russet potatoes have more starch and should be soaked. Boiling potatoes like red potatoes do not need soaking.
Yes, both fresh and dried rosemary is great for seasoning air-fried food. Fresh rosemary will give the potatoes a more vibrant aroma, which is why I prefer to use fresh herbs.
More Delicious Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters with crispy parmesan panko crust
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with bacon and pecans
- Roasted Broccoli with garlic and parmesan
- Oven Roasted Vegetables from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with cheese
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish: chopped parsley or additional rosemary
- Cut potatoes into 4ths or 8ths depending on the size of the potato. You want the pieces to be of equal size.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking time. Potatoes should be crisp on the outside when done.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil onto a cookie sheet with sides and coat evenly.
In a large bowl, toss cut-up potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons rosemary, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Make sure all potatoes are coated well. Spread in a single layer in prepared pan.
Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice until potatoes are done.
- 4-5 Tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut in fourths (you can use Yukon gold,red or purple potatoes or a bag of multi-colored potatoes)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil onto a cookie sheet with sides and coat evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with remaining ingredients and toss. Make sure all potatoes are coated well. Spread in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are done.
This recipe has been updated to an air fryer recipe with new photos and instructions. It was first published on February 25, 2014.