Easy homemade NuttZo Nut Butter Granola is super delicious, gluten-free & healthy too! Sweetened only with honey, it makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
There aren’t many people that don’t love peanut butter but wouldn’t it be nice if there was a peanut butter that was healthier? Well, I am here to tell you there definitely is! NuttZo to the rescue! A blend of 7 nut and seed butters that provide all the essential vitamins and minerals one needs in their diet as well as making up a complete protein. Now that is saying a lot for something you can buy right out of a jar!
The company was founded by a mom who was looking for a food that would provide a healthy diet for her newly adopted Ukrainian son. Growing up, and eating only porridge, he wouldn’t eat anything that didn’t have a smooth texture. Desperate moms call for desperate measures! She started blending this nut butter for him, added some flax for healthy omega 3s and he loved it. Now she devotes herself to bringing NuttZo to the market and founded a charity called “Project Left Behind” to support the other orphans in the Ukraine that were left behind.
So not only do we have a product that is gluten-free, certified organic, verified non-GMO, vegan with no added sugars, but one that supports an important children’s charity.
2 Tablespoons of NuttZo provides 6-7g protein, 2-6% calcium, 4-6% iron, 3-4% sodium, 20-24% total fat, 10% vitamin C, 3g dietary fiber and 1g sugar depending on the flavor. Flavors include: Original, Peanut Free and Dark Chocolate.
Now, besides smearing this delicious concoction on bread, there are plenty more delectable uses for this healthy spread. Think cookies, like our NuttZo Nut Butter Cookies recipe, granola, stuffed French toast and popcorn. Grab a jar here to purchase NuttZo from Amazon.com.
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup chopped unsalted mixed nuts such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, peanuts, pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2-1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup favorite flavor NuttZo (certain flavors are gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, chia seeds, flaxseed and chocolate chips.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil in microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Whisk in NuttZo, honey and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir until oats and nuts are well coated.
- Spread evenly onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until granola is a beautiful golden brown. Keep a close watch as it can burn very quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets. Store in airtight container. This mixture should keep at least 2 weeks.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE!