Warm up this winter with a sip of this piping hot peppermint patty coffee cocktail. This minty and rich drink is the perfect combination of bitter coffee, sweet chocolate, and bright notes of mint.
Peppermint Patty drink has all the flavors you love of your favorite chocolate peppermint patty candy. Just mix freshly brewed coffee with splashes of creme de cacao, peppermint schnapps, and Kahlua for the perfect drink to take the chill off a cold winter's day.
Table of Contents
'Tis the season for peppermint mochas! They are in every coffee shop. This peppermint patty cocktail takes everything you love about a peppermint mocha and gives it an alcoholic twist.
There are a lot of other ways to enjoy coffee-themed cocktails this winter too. You might enjoy a Kahlua Hot Chocolate, Irish Coffee, or perhaps a Mocha Latte Cocktail to take the chill off.
Why This is the Best Peppermint Patty Drink Recipe
This peppermint pattie drink is the best winter cocktail you'll make this year. The combination of peppermint schnapps, Kahlua, and Creme de cacao accentuates the freshly brewed coffee. The sweetened condensed milk lends that pop of sweetness that ties it all together.
- Hot Freshly Brewed Coffee
- Creme de Cacao
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (optional)
- Whipped Cream makes the perfect garnish
- Chocolate Syrup drizzle is optional but gives the drink even more chocolate flavor
How to Make a Peppermint Patty Drink
- Coat the inside of a coffee mug with chocolate syrup (optional but totally worth it) then pour 8 ounces of coffee into the mug.
- Add 1 ounce of creme de cacao.
- Pour in peppermint schnapps.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Kahlua or your favorite coffee liqueur.
- Finally, add sweetened condensed milk. Add as much or as little as you like depending on the sweetness desired.
- Stir well.
Dress your warm cocktail with whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed candy cane pieces and garnish with a peppermint patty candy. Then sit back, relax and enjoy!
- Peppermint Patty Drink with Baileys - add a tablespoon of Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate Cocktail - use your favorite hot chocolate instead of coffee.
- Substitute creme de menthe for peppermint schnaps for a creamier drink with a little extra sweetness.
Iced Peppermint Patty Coffee Cocktail
Don't want it hot? Here's how to make an iced peppermint patty cocktail:
- Pour 8 ounces (1 cup) of cold coffee or cold brew coffee into a large, tall glass.
- Add peppermint schnapps. creme de cacao, and Kahlua.
- Add sweetened condensed milk if desired.
- Add peppermint coffee creamer. Stir to combine.
- Add ice.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup if desired.
Peppermint Coffee Drink Garnishes
There are lots of ways you can garnish a minty coffee drink. Here are some ideas:
- Candy Cane for a Stir Stick
- Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans
- Chocolate Shavings or Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Syrup Drizzle
- Crushed Peppermint Candy
- Spring of Fresh Mint
- Sprinkles - Red and Green for Christmas
- Whipped Cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Peppermint Schnapps is a sweet and minty liqueur made with neutral grain alcohol, peppermint extract, and sugar.
Peppermint Schnapps has the same flavor as peppermint candy.
Creme de Cacao is a sweet chocolate-flavored liqueur made with vodka or whisky, cocoa beans, and vanilla. There is no cream in creme de cacao. The "creme" is a description of its syrup-like consistency.
White Creme de Cacao tastes like milk chocolate with a slight vanilla accent. Dark creme de Cacao has a richer, darker chocolate flavor. Most cocktails are made with white creme de cacao.
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes
- Christmas Berry Cocktail
- Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Cranberry Mimosa
- Eggnog Martini
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail
- White Christmas Margarita
Find lots of easy cocktail recipes here on 2CM!
LOVE QUICK & EASY RECIPES? FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, & PINTEREST FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPE INSPIRATION! PLUS JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK.
Peppermint Patty Coffee Cocktail
- 8 oz freshly brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- 1 Tablespoon Peppermint Schnapps
- 1-2 teaspoons Kahlua
- 1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- Garnish: chocolate syrup whipped cream, crushed candy canes
- Brew an 8-oz cup of coffee.
- Drizzle the inside of a glass coffee mug with chocolate syrup.
- Pour brewed coffee into mug.
- Add creme de cacao, peppermint schnapps and Kahlua.
- Add condensed milk to sweeten the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
This post has been updated with new photos and easy-to-follow directions. It was first posted on February 20, 2019.