Turn up the heat, on your grill that is! These delicious grilled salmon skewers are like a complete meal on a stick. Fresh salmon, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini tossed in a seasoned vinaigrette then grilled. Salmon kabobs are healthy, quick, and have little to no cleanup.
Tonight was one of those nights when I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner. We had already had chicken, lamb, and shrimp this week, and I was planning hamburgers for tomorrow night, so beef was out of the question, So what should I have?
I also had some garlic rolls frozen from our favorite Italian restaurant and all I had to do was think of something that would complement them.
Bingo! I know just what I'll fix - SALMON! Salmon is always on hand at our house, not only because it is so good for you but it is so versatile too.
Salmon can be grilled, baked, air-fried, pan-fried, or smoked. You can give it a Mexican, Asian, Italian, Caribbean, or good ole American twist. I don't think we'll ever get tired of it!
Tonight I decided to dress it up with some Italian spices, add some zucchini and tomatoes, and put it on the grill for an easy dinner.
And this is the perfect season to grill no matter where you live, right? Even my sister in Michigan is grilling now but then her husband cooks in the snow too. lol
All I know is that nothing tastes better than something off the grill. We do it often at our house because, here in Florida, it is grilling season all year long. This is fine by us because it's such a healthy way to cook and it's awesome when your husband does the majority of the cooking. And you can't beat the clean-up!
My hubby's verdict after dinner was a resounding "this was unbelievable, I'll grill this any time you want!". Score! Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!
More Seafood Deliciousness
Easy Cedar Plank Shrimp is perfect for summer grilling.
Easy Shrimp Recipes because everyone loves shrimp!
Grilled Tuna with Red Pepper Sauce
Find lots of healthy seafood recipes here on 2CM!
Grilled Salmon Skewers
- 1 large salmon steak or 2 small 4-oz steaks, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes (I used 10)
- ⅔ zucchini, cut into 1" pieces then quartered
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Place salmon, tomatoes and zucchini into oil-seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
- Using metal skewers, or wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes, alternately thread zucchini, salmon and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Place on preheated grill and cook 6 minutes, turning half way through.
- Squeeze lime over skewers or serve lime wedges on the side.
This post has been updated and was first published on November 6, 2015.